[News] German Minister Promotes Free Software

  • Subject: [News] German Minister Promotes Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:10:08 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

DE: Interior minister: 'Open source reduces vendor lock-in and monopolies'

,----[ Quote ]
| Using open source helps to avoid being locked-in by IT vendors
| and prevents IT services monopolies, says Wolfgang SchÃuble,
| Germany's minister of the Interior.
|
| "Free software has several other benefits, such as increasing
| the security of IT, because the source code can be verified,
| and enhancement of innovation, because anyone can participate
| in the development of such software", SchÃuble writes on
| Abgeordnetewatch.
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/de-interior-minister-open-source-reduces-vendor-lock-in-and-monopolies

Recent:

German Pirate Party Surging To 3% Share on Votes, Polls Suggest.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ipjur.com/blog2/index.php?/archives/114-German-Pirate-Party-Surging-To-3%25-Share-on-Votes,-Polls-Suggest..html