[News] Patent Garbage Clogs Up The Intellectual Monopoly System, Patent Troll Tracker Walks Away Free

  • Subject: [News] Patent Garbage Clogs Up The Intellectual Monopoly System, Patent Troll Tracker Walks Away Free
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:34:25 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Pending patent backlog at 4.2 million, says WIPO

,----[ Quote ]
| The IPKat thinks that making the system more efficient is
| all very good, but wonders how far this will go in reducing
| the backlog.
`----

http://ipkitten.blogspot.com/2009/09/pending-patent-backlog-at-42-million.html

Troll Tracker defamation case settles before going to jury

,----[ Quote ]
| None of the lawyers involved in the case would comment on
| the settlement Monday. Cisco issued a statement Tuesday
| morning in which it said the dispute between the parties
| "has been resolved to their mutual satisfaction, and Rick
| Frenkel and Cisco apologize for the statements of Rick
| Frenkel on the Troll Tracker blog regarding Eric M.
| Albritton." Frenkel is now of counsel at the Silicon Valley
| law firm Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
`----

http://thepriorart.typepad.com/the_prior_art/2009/09/troll-tracker-defamation-case-settles-before-going-to-jury.html

Patent Troll Tracker Case Settled... So When Can Frenkel Start Blogging Again?

,----[ Quote ]
| The real question is whether or not this means Frenkel will
| start blogging again. Some of his statements in the past
| (and having to go through this entire ridiculous process)
| suggest that he may not blog again. However, I'm hopeful
| that he'll get back to it, though obviously not anonymously
| any more. His work in highlighting some of the more
| nefarious actions of patent system abusers is still sorely
| missed.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090922/1611326286.shtml

Recent: