[News] [Rival] Microsoft Department "Novell Inc" Helps Zune, Spreads .NET

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Department "Novell Inc" Helps Zune, Spreads .NET
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:52:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

iPhone developer ports game to Zune HD in a mere 12 hours

,----[ Quote ]
| A few days ago, Novell unveiled its new 'MonoTouch' SDK to
| be used for developing iPhone applications in .NET...
|
| The developer, Foundation42, posted their milestone via
| Twitter, showing the power of Novell's new SDK and what can
| be achieved with it. The game that was ported is called
| WordMonger, and was displayed on a YouTube video which we
| have included below. Many have questioned Microsoft's games
| which were included with the Zune HD, as (although they're
| free) they display a short ad each time they are launched.
`----

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/09/22/iphone-developer-ports-game-to-zune-hd-in-a-mere-12-hours

CodePlex Foundation will help spread use of Mono

,----[ Quote ]
| The appointment of Novell vice-president Miguel de Icaza to
| the board of Microsoft's CodePlex Foundation has been done
| for one reason - the Foundation will serve as a handy
| vehicle to increase the use of Mono.
|
| [...]
|
| Wouldn't that mean less time can be devoted to developing
| applications for Linux? After all, the same developers are
| writing the code for both ports, aren't they?
|
| Bingo, the magician arrives, Miguel with his magic Mono
| wand. No problem, says de Icaza, just switch to Mono. Then
| you can code just once and it will run on both Windows and
| Linux.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27941/1090/

Recent: