[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux to Offer Hardware Compatibility Checker

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux to Offer Hardware Compatibility Checker
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:12:10 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Will Ubuntu 9.10 Work On Your PC?

,----[ Quote ]
| Scores of people completed the USB Thumb Drive test
| during Atlanta Linux Fest. Thatâs great. But thousands
| of additional Ubuntu users would surely like to test
| their systems for Ubuntu 9.10 compatibility. Stay
| tuned: I hear Canonical plans to potentially move the
| USB Thumb Drive diagnostics software online â for
| anyone to use.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/09/23/will-ubuntu-910-work-on-your-pc/

Being the Ubuntu Guy

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of what I was explaining was around control. You
| want to control your technology right? Well if you
| donât have access to the code, if you donât have a
| license that permits you some freedom with that code.
| Then you have very little control over all and you
| certainly canât find alternative suppliers to develop
| new functionality into existing products.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/09/23/being-the-ubuntu-guy/

Recent:

Compatibility checker for Linux libraries

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Compatibility-checker-for-Linux-libraries--/news/114054