[News] More Devices Run Linux, Some Exclusively

  • Subject: [News] More Devices Run Linux, Some Exclusively
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:22:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wireless media player design runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| AllGo Embedded Systems is shipping a reference design for
| a wireless multimedia player or home automation device based
| on Freescale's ARM9-based i.MX233 SoC. The Linux-ready Stamp
| i.MX233 Wireless Media Player offers a WVGA touchscreen, WiFi,
| Ethernet, FM tuner, and Pandora and Flickr support, says
| the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/AllGo-Stamp-iMX233-Wireless-Media-Player/?kc=rss

SmartDevices SmartV 5 MID latest handheld to offer 1080p

,----[ Quote ]
| If you havenât guessed by now, weâre big fans of ultraportable computers,
| and even happier when they can cope with 1080p video playback.  One
| such device tickling our fancy is SmartDevicesâ SmartV 5 MID, a
| 5-inch WVGA touchscreen handheld with a 600MHz processor, 2GB
| of flash storage and a choice of Android, Windows CE 6.0 or
| Ubuntu as OS.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/smartdevices-smartv-5-mid-latest-handheld-to-offer-1080p-2357758/

Top 10 embedded reference designs

,----[ Quote ]
| Editor's choice of 10 semiconductor reference designs and starter
| kits which could offer engineers an out-of-the-box route to their
| next embedded system development.
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/2009/09/23/47025/top-10-embedded-reference-designs.htm

EmbedOne Linux and EmbedOne EMI speed Linux network development

,----[ Quote ]
| Meshcom Technologies, Inc. has announced a new embedded
| Linux line of business, EmbedOne, as well as a suite of
| software and services for the embedded Linux community.
`----

http://www.embedded.com/products/softwaretools/220100989

Recent:

EmbedOne Linux shows the way for new level of OS integration

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.prurgent.com/2009-09-18/pressrelease55613.htm