[News] Thunderbird 3 Beta 4 is Reached, Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Thunderbird 3 Beta 4 is Reached, Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:36:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mozilla cracks on with fourth Thunderbird 3 beta

,----[ Quote ]
| The fourth beta of Thunderbird 3, which is the Firefox
| browser makerâs desktop email client, is now available for
| Windows, Mac and Linux users.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/23/mozilla_thunderbird_3_beta_4/

Hands-on: Thunderbird 3 beta 4 hatches with improved search

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Messaging design expert Bryan Clark wrote a blog
| entry a few months ago about one of his experiments with
| rich mail visualization. He shows how CSS transforms can
| be used to display a message on an isometric cube.
| Although this example is somewhat frivolous and isn't
| intended for inclusion in Thunderbird, it's a great
| demonstration of how emerging Web standards can empower
| new approaches to presenting mail.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/09/hands-on-thunderbird-3-beta-4-hatches-with-improved-search.ars

Recent:

Top 5 Firefox Add-Ons For Soccer Fans

,----[ Quote ]
| In the latest browser wars, the browser usage statistics show that Firefox
| has almost 50% of the market share. Other than how easier it is to use and
| how fast it is, one of the reasons web users love Firefox is because of
| their massive library of add-ons.
`----

http://www.epltalk.com/top-5-firefox-add-ons-for-soccer-fans/10910

5 Ways to Pimp Your FireFox Address Bar

,----[ Quote ]
| The address bar is where you see the full URL of the current page. This is
| the only bar in FireFox I always have in front of my eyes (I may have some
| of the bars hidden when I need more space but this one is always active).
`----

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/firefox-address-bar/13018/

Thunderbird Quick Folders

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/09/11/thunderbird-quick-folders/

ThunderBrowse Transforms Thunderbird into a Web Browser with Tabbed
Browsing

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux/Windows: Whilst Mozilla is working hard to bring tabbed emails on an
| improved Thunderbird 3, amongst many other new features â tabbed emails are
| already present in pre-releases of Thunderbird 3, ThunderBrowse will add a
| new feature to Thunderbird 2 you didnât miss, until now, when you read this.
`----

http://www.kabatology.com/08/01/thunderbrowse-transforms-thunderbird-into-a-web-browser-with-tabbed-browsing/

Thunderbird visual refresh on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Been working on the appearance of Thunderbird for the last two months now and
| as things are starting to land in the Nightly builds, things are indeed
| starting to look quite nice. As always, Lapo have been of great help in the
| icon department.
`----

http://www.andreasn.se/blog/?p=98

10 Best Mozilla Thunderbird Themes