[News] GNU/Linux and Free Software Expected to Soar in Asia

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux and Free Software Expected to Soar in Asia
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 05:30:33 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Plan to accelerate open source usage

,----[ Quote ]
| The next three years will be a golden time for open source
| providers while users will have viable applications and
| certified Linux-Open Office users will help create an
| economic impact by reducing imported software with local
| related business worth at least 1.5 billion baht.
`----

http://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/technews/24353/plan-to-accelerate-open-source-usage

EnterpriseDB and VDEL Join Forces to Deliver Open Source Database Products Across Eastern Europe, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States

,----[ Quote ]
| EnterpriseDB, the leading enterprise-class open source
| database company, and VDEL, the largest open source
| services distribution company in Eastern Europe, Russia
| and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), today
| announced that VDEL has been named as a Master Distributor
| of EnterpriseDB products in the regions it serves. VDEL
| will resell and fully support EnterpriseDB's line of open
| source database products and services, ultimately meeting
| the growing demand for a cost-effective alternative to
| proprietary databases.
`----

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-23-2009/0005099490&EDATE=

Recent:

Open Source Society ready to go

,----[ Quote ]
| "We formed a new group in Thailand Open Source Federation or
| TOSF, which is a non-profit organisation, to promote the use of
| open sources. We have government members and enterprise users but
| BOSS is a commercial entity so we decided to form a new entity
| but still operate as part of TOSF," said Danupol.
`----

http://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/technews/23956/open-source-society-ready-to-go

Related:

Thailand: Egat turns to open source to cut costs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/08/28/technology/technology_30046747.php