[News] Another Set of New Lists of Applications for GNU/Linux (Groupware, Clipboard, Etc)

  • Subject: [News] Another Set of New Lists of Applications for GNU/Linux (Groupware, Clipboard, Etc)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:09:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

9 of the Best Free Linux Groupware Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Groupware software (or collaborative software) is
| designed to enable users to collaborate, regardless
| of location, via the internet or a corporate intranet
| and to work together in a virtual atmosphere.
|
| In an organisation, productivity rests on the
| intranet, and a groupware or collaboration server is
| what helps to make the intranet productive. This type
| of software provides critical services like email and
| address books, and establish communication via
| instant messaging.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090921133533625/Groupware.html

Linux Alternatives to Popular Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is quickly gaining popularity, but there are
| still many users afraid to convert as they are not
| familiar with the applications.
`----

http://icewalkerz.blogspot.com/2009/09/linux-alternatives-to-popular-apps.html

Clipboard management with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact you will always need one on your Linux box.
`----

http://penguininside.blogspot.com/2009/09/clipboard-management-with-linux.html

Recent:

15 Relatively Unknown Linux Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Most people go for the big apps when switching to Linux, and for good
| reason: they are easy to find, usually very polished, often updated, and
| there's a lot of online documentation for them. What if you're not looking
| for the most popular, but instead the best app for you? Below are 25
| excellent, high-quality Linux apps that go neglected far more often than
| they should be. Some are popular amongst those who have been at the Linux
| game for awhile, and others have become a staple of certain distros while
| remaining relatively unknown by users of different distros. No matter the
| reason they've sat in the midline of popularity, you can be assured that
| these apps do what they claim to do, and they do it well.
`----

http://laptoplogic.com/resources/15-relatively-unknown-linux-apps

10 of the Best Free Linux IRC Clients

,----[ Quote ]
| Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a type of real-time Internet text messaging (chat)
| or synchronous conferencing. IRC was born during summer 1988 when Jarkko
| Oikarinen wrote the first IRC client and server when he was working in the
| Department of Information Processing Science at the University of Oulu,
| Finland. This system enables millions of people around the world to communicate
| in real time.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090830122411147/IRC.html

Midori Lightweight Web Browser Alternative

,----[ Quote ]
| Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari. Those are the
| usual web browser names that make the news these days on the Internet. This
| are also the web browsers that the majority of web users use actively. Other
| web browsers face this tough competition. Last to feel the competition was
| the Google browser which â despite Googleâs marketing power and efforts â
| remains at the lower end of web browser distribution.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/09/13/midori-lightweight-web-browser-alternative/

Four Open Source Blogging Clients for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of our continuing series on open source blogging tools, today we're
| going to take a look at some standalone blogging clients for Linux users. If you
| want an app that's been designed specifically for your desktop of choice then be
| sure to check out posts from earlier this week that cover GNOME and KDE blogging
| tools.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/four-open-source-blogging-clients-for-linux

GNU/Linux Software I Use Regularly