[News] New Softpedia Linux Weekly and Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter

  • Subject: [News] New Softpedia Linux Weekly and Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:41:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 64

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the 64th issue of Softpedia Linux Weekly!
|
| We'll start this edition of our weekly with a fine
| overview of the newly released GNOME 2.28 desktop
| environment. The following Linux distributions were
| announced last week: Ultimate Edition Gamers 2.3,
| Network Security Toolkit 2.11.0 and Moblin 2.0.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-64-122773.shtml

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 161

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #161
| for the week September 20th - September 26th, 2009. In
| this issue we cover: Ubuntu 9.10 beta approaching,
| Ubuntu 9.10 beta freeze in effect, Sponsorship
| deadline for UDS-Lucid approaching, Ubuntu Community
| Council Elections 2009, New LoCo Council member
| sought, New Ubuntu members, Ubuntu California is
| approved LoCo, Mark Shuttleworth: Don't give up the
| Linux Desktop, New Ubuntu Developers, LoCo News: New
| Mexico, Pennsylvania, Israel, and Florida, Launchpad
| 3.0, The Planet: Kenneth Wimer, Collin Pruitt, and
| Neil Jagdish Patel, Full Circle Magazine, Atlanta
| LinuxFest: Top 9 Ubuntu Highlights, Ubuntu User
| Magazine, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue161

Recent:

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 63

,----[ Quote ]
| The following Linux distributions were announced last week:
| SystemRescueCD 1.3.0, Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 6, Puppy Linux 4.3,
| Mandriva 2010.0 RC1 and Parted Magic 4.5. In other news: AMD
| releases ATI Catalyst 9.9 video driver suite for Linux systems
| and the KOffice theme made available for testing the second
| beta version of the upcoming KOffice 2.1 open source office
| suite. An in-depth review of the BleachBit 0.6.3 application
| is also present in this edition. The weekly ends with the
| video clip of the week, the latest Linux distributions
| released/updated last week and the development releases.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-63-122202.shtml

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 61

,----[ Quote ]