[News] GNU/Linux Better at Sharing Parties Than the Counterparts (Isolated and Divided)

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Better at Sharing Parties Than the Counterparts (Isolated and Divided)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:53:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sharing Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the other regional Linux shows, in no
| particular order, are: Notacon in Cleveland, Ohio;
| LinuxFest Northwest, Bellingham, Wash.; COSSFEST,
| Calgary, Alberta; LCA in New Zealand; LinuxDays
| Luxembourg ; Ontario Linux Fest; SouthEastLinuxFest;
| Atlanta Linux Fest; and Ohio LinuxFest, which was just
| held over the last weekend. Most shows meet annually.
|
| With Linux meetings around the world, chances are
| there is one near you. Take a look around. You may
| just find that there are other Linux fans ready to
| share their knowledge and enthusiasm with you just a
| car drive away.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/14809/sharing_linux

Windows = 4 lamers gathering for Microsoft schwag.

Mac = isolated users with headphones.

Linux = sharing, friendships.

Recent:

KDE 4.2 Release Parties All Over The World

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dot.kde.org/2009/02/04/kde-42-release-parties-all-over-world