[News] 10 Key Moments in Linux Development and 10 Ways to Try it in Windows

  • Subject: [News] 10 Key Moments in Linux Development and 10 Ways to Try it in Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:45:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 important Linux developments everyone should know about

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux technology, development model, and
| community have all been game-changing influences on
| the IT industry, and all we can really do is stand
| back and look at it all, happy to have been along for
| the ride for developerWorks' first 10 years. The Linux
| zone team has put together this greatly abbreviated
| collection of things that stand out in our minds as
| having rocked the world of Linux in a significant way.
`----

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-linux-10th-anniversary/?ca=dgr-lnxw100104LinuxdwBDdth-LX&S_TACT=105AGY83&S_CMP=grlnxw100

10 easy ways to play with Linux without leaving Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| While I haven't made the switch to Linux full time, I
| find myself spending more and more time experimenting
| of late. In particular, I'm enjoying projects like
| Moblin and the Ubuntu Netbook Remix.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/09/28/10-easy-ways-to-play-with-linux-without-leaving-windows/

Recent:

5 Fast Solutions To Deploy Ubuntu On Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| For testing purposes or just for fun, almost any existing Linux distribution
| can be rapidly deployed from its Live CD or DVD ISO image, without the need
| to perform an installation to a hard drive or a USB drive. Windows users who
| are curious to test or use Ubuntu without actually installing it on a
| partition of the hard drive, have at least five fast solutions to deploy
| Ubuntu from within Windows without affecting the currently installed
| operating system or modifying the structure of hard drive partitions.
`----

http://www.downloadtube.com/blog/2009/07/29/5-fast-solutions-to-deploy-ubuntu-on-windows/

Measuring Ubuntuâs Market Share

,----[ Quote ]