[News] OpenOffice.org's Renaissance in Detail, OpenOffice.org 3.2 Has "Great New Features"

  • Subject: [News] OpenOffice.org's Renaissance in Detail, OpenOffice.org 3.2 Has "Great New Features"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:30:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

OpenOffice.org User Experience Blog:  Questions, Answers and an Interview

,----[ Quote ]
| After our first prototyping phase, a lot of questions
| have been raised concerning the goals of Project
| Renaissance and its current state. After spending an
| incredible amount of time to address these comments
| individually, we now know about the commonly asked
| questions on mailing lists, in personal mails or in
| blog comments.
`----

http://uxopenofficeorg.blogspot.com/2009/09/questions-answers-and-interview.html

Great new features in 3.2, including the ability to insert new columns in the middle of merged cells

http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2009/09/great-new-features-in-32-including-the-ability-to-insert-new-columns-in-the-middle-of-merged-cells.html

Recent:

Security and Privacy Feature Improvements in upcoming OpenOffice.org 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Further improvements in OOo 3.2 and/or the ODF 1.2
| specification
|
| ODF 1.2 now allows for using different encryption
| algorithms, and all details about the algorithms used need
| to be documented in the manifest.xml (which is the reason
| that the manifest.xml itself can't be encrypted). These
| ODF enhancements have been submitted to the OASIS ODF TC,
| and OOo 3.2 already implements them. Please note that this
| only means OOo would put all needed information into
| manifest.xml. It doesn't mean that OOo would have new
| built-in encryption algorithms yet.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/malte/entry/security_and_privacy_feature_improvements1

Openoffice.org - Five things MS Office users do not know.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/openofficeorg-five-things-ms-office.html