[News] Budgetary Gains from Free Software Weigh $Trillions

  • Subject: [News] Budgetary Gains from Free Software Weigh $Trillions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:36:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How to Save $1 Trillion a Year with Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| In essence, that optimism stems from the magnitude
| of the savings that open source can bring to
| companies â and the world economy. Tiemann spells
| this out in a fascinating paper [.pdf], entitled
| âHow Open Source Software Can Save the ICT Industry
| One Trillion Dollars per Yearâ.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2549&blogid=14

Open source can save schools billions

,----[ Quote ]
| In it he claims civil servants and head teachers
| appear to have no idea what value for money means,
| and calls for 40,000 teaching assistant jobs to go
| and cites as an example of incompetence a case where
| Â35,000 was spent on a Â1,000 photocopier.
|
| His report follows last week's statement from
| Education Secretary Ed Balls that schools could save
| Â2bn by sacking Senior Teachers.
|
| Seems that it's not just me that thinks schools are
| being let down by a bunch of dopes.
|
| [...]
|
| So, oh cloth-eared brethren responsible for value
| for money procurement in schools... heedless of the
| risk of repeating myself here goes:
|
| Open Source software can save schools billions of
| pounds.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?RSS&entryid=2555

Recent:

Oprah can relax, $1 trillion lawsuit is dismissed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thresq.com/2009/08/oprah-trillion-dollar-lawsuit-poet.html