Re: [News] UNIX and Linux Eat Microsoft's Share in Servers, Phones, Desktops

____/ High Plains Thumper on Wednesday 30 Sep 2009 13:38 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Ballmer Still Searching for an Answer to Google
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> "Forty percent of servers run Windows, 60 percent run
>>> Linux," he said. "How are we doing? Forty is less than 60,
>>> so I don't like it. ... We have some work to do."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html
>
> Rather funny how that Linux is well suitable for mission critical
> applications for its stability and viral resistance.  Even to the
> extent that the London Stock Exchange so quickly is abandoning
> its Windows base and going to Linux.  Yet the Wintrolls want to
> insist that it is totally unsuitable for desktop usage, doing
> quote mangling, out-of-context posts, "kiss and tell" tactics, etc.
>
> The convicted monopoly must be on its last leg to see such
> desperate actions by the minions in the newsgroups and forums.
>
> [quote]
> In the Mopping Up phase, Evangelism's goal is to put the final
> nail into the competing technology's coffin, and bury it in the
> burning depths of the earth.  Ideally, use of the competing
> technology becomes associated with mental deficiency, as in, "he
> believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
>
> Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups,
> whatever. make the complete failure of the competition's
> technology part of the mythology of the computer industry.
>
> We want to place selection pressure on the companies and
> individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitor's
> technologies, to make the industry increasingly resistant to such
> unhealthy strains, over time.
> [/quote]
>
> PDF page 55
> Microsoft Evangelism
> Comes vs. Microsoft court case
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

UNIX (OS X, iPhone, HP-UX, etc.) and Linux are still Microsoft's biggest enemies. Even other
rivals like Google and IBM rely on them.

What large company other than Microsoft relies on Microsoft software? MySpace?

That's why we get so many AstroTurfers attacking Linux. Even Apple is afraid of Linux, which
is better than their UNIX and a lot cheaper.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, sit on your hands all day