[News] Nokia Has Clear Plan for Qt/KDE, Amarok 2.2 is Released

  • Subject: [News] Nokia Has Clear Plan for Qt/KDE, Amarok 2.2 is Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 00:19:25 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nokia carves out Qt future

,----[ Quote ]
| Qt will happily integrate with web components, thanks to a
| WebKit based engine for rendering online content that Nokia
| reckons represents the best combination of native and web-
| based development.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/01/qt_future/

Amarok 2.2 "Sunjammer" released

,----[ Quote ]
| Few things in life can influence us quite the way music can.
| Music can set a mood, make us relax or feel energized, and for
| many people there is that special song that is forever connected
| with a significant moment in their life. And great music needs a
| great player! With Amarok 2.2, codenamed "Sunjammer", the Amarok
| team is very proud to present the next step towards the ultimate
| music player!
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.2

Recent:

Amarok 2.2 RC 1 "Sunset Door" released

,----[ Quote ]
| As the release of Amarok 2.2 draws closer, the Amarok team
| is pleased to present Amarok 2.2 RC 1, the first and
| hopefully last release candidate before the final release.
| This release contains a few new and improved features,
| mainly concerning podcasts, and fixes a number of crashes
| and other bugs. For a list of the most important changes
| and fixes see the changelog below.
| As always please help us by testing, reporting bugs,
| sending patches and most importantly by enjoying
| discovering music.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.2/rc/1

Amarok 2.2 Beta 2 "Red Dawn" released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok team is pleased to release the second beta
| version of Amarok 2.2. For a list of the most important
| changes and fixes see the changelog below.
|
| As always please help us by testing, reporting bugs,
| sending patches and most importantly by enjoying
| discovering music. Thanks to everyone who already
| helped us this way. We are especially looking for help
| with podcasting support.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.2/beta/2

Amarok 2.2 Beta 1 "Crystal Clear" Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok team is getting ready for the release of Amarok 2.2 and is
proud
| to release the first beta version of Amarok 2.2.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/09/04/amarok-22-beta-1-crystal-clear-released

How-To: Install Amarok 2.2 Beta 1 from the Kubuntu Beta Backports

,----[ Quote ]
| The first beta of Amarok 2.2, codenamed 'Crystal Clear', was released on
| September 4 and packages are available for Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty from the
| Kubuntu Beta Backports.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-install-amarok-22-beta-1-from.html

Amarok 2.2 development, one week in