[News] New OpenBlockS Server Runs Linux

The OpenBlockS 600 is a Linux server that fits in your palm

,----[ Quote ]
| Forget the netbook or the net-top PC: How about a net-
| server?
|
| A Japanese vendor is touting a lilliputian Linux Web
| server that weighs 8 ounces and consumes just 8 watts.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9138775/The_OpenBlockS_600_is_a_Linux_server_that_fits_in_your_palm?taxonomyId=15

PlatâHome launches palm-sized Linux server

,----[ Quote ]
| Plat'Home has launched a new model of its OpenBlockS
| series, a line of Linux micro servers. The OpenBlockS 600
| comes with a fanless and spindle free design and gibabit
| ethernet in a palm-sized box.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/news/plathome_launches_palmsized_linux_server_091001

Related:

Open source in Japan: Q&A with the President of Plat'Home

,----[ Quote ]
|     ...ultimately, I believe the opportunity for Linux expanding into a
|     wide range of devices, including, of course, entertainment devices like
|     set-top boxes, cell phones, and other mobile devices, radically dwarfs
|     the opportunity for broadcast entertainment. Even today, when you search,
|     when you make a phone call, when you do online banking, you're using
|     Linux. And it's only the beginning. I wanted to be a part of that.
|
| Asay: Plat'Home started selling Linux in Japan in 1993. That's really early
| days. Why Linux?
|
|     Suzuki: Linux is powerful, in a lot of ways, especially for what it
|     doesn't do. Let me explain. It's possible to deliver more computing
|     power -- that is, more functionality and more stability -- into a wide
|     range of devices, especially small ones. Its small footprint was very
|     appealing. This was already apparent even from early on. Basically, we
|     saw it as having the potential to get very sophisticated software into
|     the hands of users. No compromises.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9947592-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

OpenMicroServer: Tiny Footprint Linux Server

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://socializedsoftware.com/2008/03/22/openmicroserver-tiny-footprint-linux-server/#more-225