[News] Linux Sub-notebooks (Chrome OS) to Come Soon, Maybe This Month

  • Subject: [News] Linux Sub-notebooks (Chrome OS) to Come Soon, Maybe This Month
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:49:48 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

First devices with Chrome OS this month?

,----[ Quote ]
| The first devices with the new Linux based Chrome OS from
| Google will probably hit the markets this month. This Operating
| System is mainly targeted at netbooks.
`----

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/the-news/328-first-devices-with-chrome-os-this-month

Google's Chrome OS might tip up soon

,----[ Quote ]
| CHINA'S SHANZAI IT news website has reported that Google's Chrome
| OS might show up in inexpensive Chinese-made netbooks as early as
| mid-October.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1557169/google-chrome-os-tip-soon

Recent:

Atomic Warfare

,----[ Quote ]
| And with Netbooks retailing under $400, compared to Microsoft Intel makes
| hardly any profit at all.  So Microsoft has to die.
|
| This is a huge change for Intel, which has for decades acted as Microsoftâs
| bitch, doing pretty much whatever Redmond demanded for fear of being
| written-out of the next Windows PC hardware spec in favor of AMD or even IBM.
| But that was the old Microsoft.  The Microsoft of today isnât nearly as
| powerful, whether they yet know it or not.
`----

http://www.cringely.com/2009/06/atomic-warfare/

Analysis: Intel rides Wind River beyond the PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel Corp.'s acquisition of Wind River Systems Inc. is another indicator of
| the sea change occurring inside the world's biggest semiconductor makerâalong
| with the rise of Linux across all markets.
|
| The x86 giant is expanding beyond big custom processors for its core desktop
| PC market and into a variety of system-on-chip (SoC) designs targeting a wide
| range of mobile, consumer and embedded markets. The industry-wide shift to
| multicore processors is also driving a need for a whole new set of parallel
| software tools.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/semi/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217701836

Intel buys Wind River: the End of the Wintel Duopoly?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2246&blogid=14