[News] GNU/Linux with Hadoop Keep Flying Into More Servers

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux with Hadoop Keep Flying Into More Servers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 20:07:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cloudera hangs (more) elephants in sky

,----[ Quote ]
| Cloudera - the commercial Hadoop outfit - has launched beta
| programs for running its stuffed elephant distro on the sky-high
| compute services run by Rackspace and SoftLayer.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/02/cloudera_does_rackspace_and_softlayer/

Web GUI hides number-crunching open source elephant

,----[ Quote ]
| Cloudera - the startup that commercialized the Google-like number
| crunching of the open source Hadoop project - has unveiled the
| first web-based GUI for running applications on the much-hyped
| distributed computing platform.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/02/cloudera_desktop/

Recent:

Cloudera is to Hadoop as Kleenex is to facial tissues?

,----[ Quote ]
| Cloudera is clearing making a credible play to become the commercial brand
| associated with Apache Hadoop.  Not only did Hadoop founder Doug Cutting
| recently join Cloudera from Yahoo!, Cloudera is set to announce the inaugural
| Hadoop World Conference, scheduled for October 2nd in NYC.  The conference is
| being organized by Cloudera founder Christophe Bisciglia with sponsorship
| from Yahoo!, IBM, Intel, eHarmony and Booz Allen Hamilton.  The tentative
| agenda has presentations from, amongst others, Cloudera, Yahoo!, Facebook,
| IBM, Microsoft, eBay, Visa, About.com, NYTimes and JPMorganChase.
`----

http://saviorodrigues.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/cloudera-is-to-hadoop-as-kleenex-is-to-facial-tissues/

The dawn of a new Cloudera

,----[ Quote ]