[News] AMD's Latest Freedom/Openness Gesture

AMD Announces Open Physics Initiative

,----[ Quote ]
| A press release from AMD today announces the development of an
| Open Physics Initiative, together with Pixelux Entertainment.
| Pixelux is the developer of the Digital Molecular Matter (DMM)
| physics system used first in LucasArts' Star Wars: The Force
| Unleashed.
|
| [...]
|
| Note that this doesn't mean that Pixelux's software will be
| free or open-source as Bullet is, but that it will allow
| licenses to use a the free and open-source Bullet library for a
| base level of physics and then to license and layer Pixelux's
| DMM engine on top of that - and all of it accelerated on any
| GPU with an OpenCL driver.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/172911/amd_announces_open_physics_initiative.html

AMD touts Open Physics Initiative

,----[ Quote ]
| Under the agreement, Pixelux will integrate its Digital
| Molecular Matter technology with open source physics engine
| Bullet.
`----

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15772/1/

Open Source: Green Vehicle

,----[ Quote ]
| These days Open Source objects of art and operating systems are
| able to compete with mainstream commercial versions. But most
| Open Source projects are in the state of pure art, defying
| established notions of conducting business, developing
| technology and pushing boundaries of creative possibilities.
`----

http://www.carnorama.com/1003/open-source-green-vehicle/

Recent:

MD R600/700 2D Performance: Open vs. Closed Drivers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_r600_r700_2d&num=1