[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Receives More Fantastic Reviews (Even in Beta)

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Receives More Fantastic Reviews (Even in Beta)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:37:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 9.10: First Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| One word sums up this Karmic Koala Ubuntu incarnation:
| Super.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story227894.html

Ubuntu 9.10 Beta: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, I have to say that Ubuntu 9.10 looks like it will
| be a great release.  A few technologies in this release are
| new, so it may give the system a rough edge.  When the next
| LTS release comes around (10.04), it will probably refine
| those features to create the best release yet.  I will
| definitely be giving this system a test run when it is
| released in 24 days!
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/ubuntu-9-10-beta-a-review/

People must remember that for the first time ever, Microsoft
warned its investors about desktop Linux in July.

Recent:

Ubuntu Karmic Koala preview

,----[ Quote ]
| But what can you expect and how should it run? In this preview
| of Ubuntu 9.10 I will fill you in on the upcoming features and
| give you a few screen shots as well as my opinion on how the
| release will fare.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/10/04/ubuntu-karmic-koala-preview/

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 162

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #162 for the
| week September 27 - October 3rd, 2009. In this issue we cover:
| Ubuntu 9.10 Beta Released, Ubuntu 9.10 Countdown Banners,
| Ubuntu 9.10: Testers Needed, Planning of Karmic Release
| Parties Kicks off, Ubuntu Karmic Free Culture Showcase Winners
| Announced, Changes to releases.ubuntu.com rsync/FTP access,
| LoCo News: France, Ohio, Florida, Massachusetts, Honduras,
| Philly, Michigan, North Carolina, & El Salvador, Help
| Launchpad get better icons, Ubuntu Forums Tutorial of the
| Week, The Planet: Michael Lustfield, Martin Meredith, Mathias
| Gug, Shane Fagan & Luis de Bethencourt, PlayOnLinux to be in
| Ubuntu Karmic repositories, September Team Meeting Summaries,
| and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue162

Ubuntu 9.10 Beta Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 release is an
| evolutionary improvement over previous releases in
| terms of basic functionality but it has significant
| performance enhancements which include vastly reduced
| boot up time.
`----

http://content.zdnet.com/2346-17924_22-348260.html

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Beta: First Looks

,----[ Quote ]
| In general, Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) doesnât
| introduce a wide array of new features, however it
| does include small updates to many different smaller
| areas. As always, it includes updated versions of the
| pre-installed software. A full new feature list can
| be found here.
`----

http://www.techairlines.com/ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala-beta-first-looks/

Upgrade from Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope to Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| If the upgrade process is successful and everything
| is working well, congratulations and have fun with
| Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/10/upgrade-ubuntu-904-to-910.html

Trying out Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala beta: dual boot Thinkpad T400

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=4391