[News] Get Ready for GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) Launch Parties

  • Subject: [News] Get Ready for GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) Launch Parties
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:49:25 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Windows vs Ubuntu Release Parties

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source community doesn't generally get the
| niceties like balloons and napkins, but we do know how
| to celebrate a good thing. The above is from a release
| celebration for Ubuntu (9.10 is coming out later this
| month!).
`----

http://www.igneousquill.net/2009/10/microsoft-vs-ubuntu-release-parties.html

Karmic Koala Countdown Banners

,----[ Quote ]
| There are 3 different styles to choose from, 2 that use
| a java script and are animated, and one that is static
| for websites and blogs that donât use java.
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1922

Ubuntu 9.10 Sticker

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ubuntu+9.10+Sticker?content=112996

Why Newbies Should Choose Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The first question I hear Linux newbies ask is what is
| the best distribution to use? I think right now plenty
| of linux desktop options exist for newbies however a few
| things set Ubuntu ahead of the pack in my opinion.
`----

http://beginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/why-newbies-should-choose-ubuntu/

Recent:

Ubuntu users know what a party is. No, really

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux 8 also held a party to celebrate its launch. It
| was in Montreal.
`----

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/iandouglas/100003740/ubuntu-users-know-what-a-party-is-no-really/

Ubuntu Open Week - November 2-6, 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Hey it's that time again. Karmic release is just around the
| corner (Oct 29th) and following that comes Ubuntu Open Week
| (November 2-6, 2009).
| I learned so much participating in Open Week for Jaunty and I
| am sure Karmic Open Week will blow me away as well, but only
| if people participate. :-)
`----

http://amber.redvoodoo.org/2009/10/ubuntu-open-week-november-2-6-2009.html

Ubuntu Karmic Free Culture Showcase Winners Announced!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/10/01/ubuntu-karmic-free-culture-showcase-winners-announced/