[News] Free Software Rises in the Philippines

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Rises in the Philippines
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 13:18:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open source adoption still strong in RP

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a Red Hat study published in April this year,
| the Philippines ranked 67th out of 75 countries that had
| overall robust open source activity.
|
| The Philippines, meanwhile, ranked 20th in terms of open
| source activity in the government sector, largely due to
| many government-related IT projects running on open source.
| The Philippines, meanwhile, ranked 20th in terms of open
| source activity in the government sector, largely due to
| many government-related IT projects running on open source.
`----

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view/20091005-228524/Open-source-adoption-still-strong-in-RP

Recent:

Kahel Linux: Yet Another Philippine-made Distro

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's an interesting note from Kahel's project website:
|
| "Kahel OS is not just an Operating System so to speak.
| IT is not just a Technology Product on a Linux and Open
| Source Platform added to the thousands of FREE Distros
| already available in the community. IT does not
| explicitly want to be different or to be set apart from
| the rest. However, among others, we simply would like
| Kahel OS (just like our team) to be the embodiment of
| our IT Values and Philosophy.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/09/kahel-linux-yet-another-philippine-made.html

More on Firefox in the Philippines