[News] Reasons to Stick with Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Reasons to Stick with Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:09:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Staying With Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The point is that Ubuntu works and there is little
| motivation to change to something else. Some will say
| that this makes me a âfanboyâ. Not really. I have
| simply not found anything that justifies a change. If
| something better comes along, Iâll change in a
| heartbeat. Meanwhile, Iâm staying with Ubuntu.
`----

http://bytesandsuch.com/2009/10/staying-with-ubuntu/

Personalities behind the Fest - Jono Bacon

,----[ Quote ]
| AG: What goals did you have for this event? Did CLS
| meet, exceed or fall short of those goals?
|
| JB: The goal was simple: bring those passionate about
| community together in an environment that is vendor
| neutral. I wanted to attract community managers,
| leaders and enthusiasts from all walks of life,
| inside and outside of technology. We really seemed to
| get this and there was an incredible diversity of
| attendance, and a lot of people: around 250. The
| entire event far exceeded my expectations.
`----

http://amber.redvoodoo.org/2009/10/personalities-behind-fest-jono-bacon.html

Recent:

The Ubuntu Linux community gets its first (second?) rock star

,----[ Quote ]
| You would think that it's a hard enough job taking on Microsoft's desktop
| dominance. Ubuntu's community lead Jono Bacon, however, may actually have an
| even more audacious goal in mind: completely change the economics of the
| music industry.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10067545-16.html

Best Music Player For Ubuntu - Exaile?