[News] New Introductions to FOSS Projects in the Press

  • Subject: [News] New Introductions to FOSS Projects in the Press
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:51:05 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

OpenERP: an introduction to Open Source ERP

,----[ Quote ]
| This article is about OpenERP - a fully featured,
| free and open source ERP software suite. But
| before describing the features of OpenERP there
| are some background points to make about the use
| of ERPs by enteprises and the scope of the post
| needs to be clarified.
`----

http://blogs.techworld.com/a-world-without-walls/2009/10/openerp-an-introduction-to-open-source-erp/

Open Source UTMs

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source and free UTM solutions have most
| features which commercial UTM appliance have and
| at the same time are also far cheaper. Not only
| that, as these Open Source UTMs are installed on
| commodity machines we have the luxury to upgrade
| and scale the hardware whenever required. We
| selected three free and Open Source UTMs: Endian,
| Cobian, and Untangle.
`----

http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/pcshootout/2009/109100602.asp

Ingres Database 9.3 Takes Aim at Competitors with Easy Migration Path

,----[ Quote ]
| Ingres Corporation, the leading open source
| database management company and pioneer of the New
| Economics of IT, announced today the availability
| of Ingres Database 9.3, the latest version of the
| companyâs flagship open source database product.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091007005293&newsLang=en

Medsphere Guarantees Meaningful Use for Hospitals That Implement
OpenVista Electronic Health Record in 2009

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Medsphere-1056070.html

Recent:

Open source, not $19 billion, may be best health care stimulus

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10316621-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad