[News] Many Linux Workshops Taking Place (While Apple and Microsoft Events are Cancelled)

  • Subject: [News] Many Linux Workshops Taking Place (While Apple and Microsoft Events are Cancelled)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:43:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

An Autumnal Tour of Linux Workshops

,----[ Quote ]
| For some people, fall means football. For others,
| it's apple cider, knitting or pumpkin pie. For
| lovers of Linux, though, autumn is time to fire up
| the workshop and get cracking on a nice FOSS
| project. So what's on the menu? Home-brewed
| browsers, a Linux-powered jukebox, and home
| automation, for starters.
|
| [...]
|
| The options are clearly many for all of us; as
| always, choosing among them can be the most
| difficult part.
|
| Nevertheless, Pogson added, "thanks for reminding
| me that GNU/Linux is not a spectator sport."
|
| And that, dear readers, is a point worth
| remembering.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/68320.html?wlc=1255002461&wlc=1255078906&wlc=1255078899

Going Linux #80 - Listener Feedback

,----[ Quote ]
| Audio feedback, a Linux podcast promo, and an
| advertisement for Linux are all included in this
| episode along with the regular lister feedback
| and questions. Our version of the Linux Advert is
| available from our website (Creative Commons
| License) using Ken Starks' words, and music
| (Ashrilyn's "Jungle") from
| http://www.archive.org/details/Ashrilyn.
`----

http://goinglinux.com/shownotes.html#glp080

Recent:

Microsoft scales back its big employee meeting, just a bit

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/09/microsoft_trims_company_meeting.html?ana=from_rss