[News] Ubuntu Gets New Community Council, Debian Plays Nice with BSD

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Gets New Community Council, Debian Plays Nice with BSD
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:00:35 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Ubuntu Community Council elected

,----[ Quote ]
| New council members include Daniel
| Holbach (Germany), Matthew East (UK),
| Mike Basinger (US), Benjamin Mako Hill
| (US), Alan Pope (UK) and Richard Johnson
| (US). The only woman on the team is
| Debian system administrator Elizabeth
| Krumbach (US). She has been a member of
| several Ubuntu teams since 2007 and is
| also a member of Ubuntu-Women. According
| to Shuttleworth, "the new community
| council takes office immediately".
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/New-Ubuntu-Community-Council-elected--/news/114414

Next Debian release with FreeBSD kernel as well

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian Project will, for the first
| time, release a stable version of its
| distribution running on a FreeBSD kernel
| when the next version, Squeeze, is
| released sometime next year.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/28371/1090/

Recent:

Debian pushes development of kFreeBSD port

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian Release Team is pleased to announce that it sees
| the port of the Debian system to the FreeBSD kernel fit to be
| handled equal with the other release ports. The upcoming
| release codenamed 'Squeeze' is planned to be the first Debian
| distribution to be released with Linux and FreeBSD kernels.
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20091007

Report from EuroBSDCon 2009

,----[ Quote ]