[News] Early Reports from Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 (Beta)

  • Subject: [News] Early Reports from Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 (Beta)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:05:12 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Another item I have mentioned before -
| Karmic supports several hardware devices
| properly out of the box, which either
| didn't work at all or didn't work
| properly with previous releases. The most
| significant of these are the Atheros
| ath9k wireless adapter (AR9285 in my
| specific case), and the Logitech Audio
| Hub USB Speaker system.

Karmic Koala (Beta) with ATI Radeon HD3650

,----[ Quote ]
| I find it is good to know since I use
| this computer a lot and is in need of
| being really fast. I find Ubuntu much
| faster then any other OS that I have
| tried except Xubuntu which is a lighter
| weight OS.

Ubuntu 9.10 Software Store Video

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve posted a short video walk-through of
| the new Ubuntu 9.10 Software Center. The
| Software Center will replace Add/Remove
| applications in the final release of
| Ubuntu 9.10.

This Is What Awesome Looks Like

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a screenshot of a conversation I
| had today with Rick Spencer, leader of
| the Ubuntu Desktop Team at Canonical.
| Using the Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, we
| are having a video chat using Empathy,
| while also sharing Rickâs desktop, also
| using Empathy, and he was demoing some of
| the work he been doing on Bughugger, a
| bug management tool that he wrote using
| the awesome quickly framework for rapid
| development of applications on Ubuntu.

Ubuntu 9.10 Beta Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 release is an
| evolutionary improvement over previous releases in
| terms of basic functionality but it has significant
| performance enhancements which include vastly reduced
| boot up time.

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Beta: First Looks

,----[ Quote ]
| In general, Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) doesnât
| introduce a wide array of new features, however it
| does include small updates to many different smaller
| areas. As always, it includes updated versions of the
| pre-installed software. A full new feature list can
| be found here.

Upgrade from Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope to Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| If the upgrade process is successful and everything
| is working well, congratulations and have fun with
| Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.

Trying out Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala beta: dual boot Thinkpad T400

,----[ Quote ]
| * It worked extremely well. I now have a machine with
| Ubuntus 9.04 and 9.10 beta running side by side.

Test run: Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 Beta on my Dell Mini 10v

,----[ Quote ]