[News] Iomega Still All About Linux

New generation of Iomega's double-drive desktop NAS appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| The appliance utilizes the EMC LifeLine
| software, a fully-developed Linux operating
| environment and suite of applications that
| is designed for cross-platform support with
| Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
`----

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=8304

Recent:

Linux-based home NAS boasts 5-18 Watt power consumption

,----[ Quote ]
| Iomega announced a Linux-based, dual-drive
| networked attached storage (NAS) appliance for the
| home-business and consumer market. The Iomega
| StorCenter ix2-200 is available in 1TB, 2TB, and
| 4TB capacities, and offers RAID 1 support, user-
| replaceable storage, a QuikTransfer copy button,
| 5-18 Watt power consumption, and a DLNA/UPnP media
| server, says Iomega.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Iomega-StorCenter-ix2200/

Iomega: EMC's entry to be at the center of your home

,----[ Quote ]
| Schwartzâs plan: Make Iomegaâs storage softwareâa derivative of what is used
| in EMCâs enterprise systemsâconsumer friendly so that it takes four clicks to
| set up. Behind the scenes Iomega would include EMC technology from RSA and
| other units. Schwartz said EMC retooled Iomegaâs software from scratch on the
| Linux kernel. The benchmark: âWhoever your partner is in life should be able
| to use this software in 5 minutes,â said Schwartz.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=19309

- From Hard Drives, Iomega Moves to Servers

,----[ Quote ]
| Iomega entered the market on Monday, in advance of the CES 2009 show this
| week, with the Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive, a home server running a
| streamlined version of the Linux operating system.

Iomega Pledges NAS Box Will Be a Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The ix2 software itself is based upon a Linux shell, called LifeLine, which
| has been localized in 11 languages, according to Iomega.

EMC scoops up Iomega

,----[ Quote ]
| Software and storage company EMC announced Tuesday that it will purchase
| Iomega for $213 million, or $3.85 per share. EMC expects the deal to close
| sometime during the second quarter of this year.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9914421-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

Iomega Unveils Linux-Based NAS Servers for SMBs

,----[ Quote ]
| Data-protection and security company Iomega has launched a new family of
| Linux-based rack-mount network-attached-storage servers for small and
| medium-sized businesses.
`----

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cwire/20080310/ttc-iomega-unveils-linux-based-nas-serve-78e70a2.html

REVIEW: Iomega StorCenter Pro 150d