[News] GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Ready for Multiple Cores

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Ready for Multiple Cores
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:16:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Moblin 2.0 Is Multicore Ready

,----[ Quote ]
| Moblin v2.0 for Intel Atom Processor based
| netbooks is already available. Developers
| with Linux experience will find it easy to
| target this new attractive platform.
| However, many developers have many questions
| related to the multicore support offered
| this new operating system.
`----

http://www.ddj.com/linux-open-source/220600088

Related:

Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel CEO says Microsoft's insistence on pushing Vista will hand market to
| open source rival
|
| Intel's CEO has said that he sees the revolution that is about to happen
| around mobile internet devices (MID) such as the Eee PC and other Atom-based
| sub-notebooks will be "centred round Linux", in an interview with Associated
| Press.
`----

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29939/Otellini-MID-revolution-will-be-centred-round-Linux

Intel won't touch Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCORDING TO A memo circulating a few weeks ago, it looks like Intel is
| taking a wise decision and avoiding the Broken OS entirely. Yes, Intel is not
| going to use Vista on its corporate machines... ever.
|
| [...]
|
| So that leaves two other choices, Linux and Mac. Linux is a distinct
| possibility, they already have an in-house distro that causes employees look
| nervously around the room when you talk about it. Although it is not a
| desktop variant, there is no reason that they could not roll one given two
| years.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/23/intel-dumps-vista

Linux wins Nigerian school desktops back from Microsoft [after alleged
Microsoft bribery]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/government-law/public-sector/news/index.cfm?newsid=6124