[News] OpenOffice.org Makes New Builds Available, Adds Search Toolbar, Oracle to Help

  • Subject: [News] OpenOffice.org Makes New Builds Available, Adds Search Toolbar, Oracle to Help
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:28:47 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New: OOo-DEV 3.x Developer Snapshot (build DEV300_m61) available

,----[ Quote ]
| Developer Snapshot build OOo-Dev
| DEV300_m61 which installs as OOo-DEV
| 3.x has been uploaded to the mirror
| network.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/new_ooo_dev_3_x15

New: OOo-DEV 3.2.0 Developer Snapshot (build OOO320_m1) available

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/new_ooo_dev_3_2

Community work in the framework project â Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| It's time to continue my little
| overview about the community work in
| the framework project. Today I want to
| enlighten the work on a new feature.
| Thanks to our volunteer Robert Zhou
| from CS2C we can start to implement it,
| which is currently targeted for
| OpenOffice.org 3.3. This feature is
| called:
| Search Toolbar
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/community_work_in_the_framework1

OpenOffice.org at Oracle after the Sun Acquisition

,----[ Quote ]
| Under Sun, OpenOffice integration with
| business applications was sorely
| lacking. If I was running Oracleâs
| application business, Iâd make sure
| these days are over, and that
| OpenOffice integrates well with its
| applications offering. There are many
| organizations whose feature checklist
| for business applications includes
| OpenOffice integration. In a head-to-
| head competitive sales situation
| between Oracle and SAP, this will be a
| box only the Oracle sales rep can check
| off.
`----

http://dirkriehle.com/2009/10/09/openoffice-org-at-oracle-after-the-sun-acquisition/

Recent:

List of features of OpenOffice.org 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
| As you could read with the last developer
| milestone ( DEV300m60) we reached the date to
| branch the code line for the OOo 3.2 release. The
| strings for translation were extracted from this
| milestone and were integrated into Pootle. Also
| the last features were integrated. So all teams
| can start to do their work to get released a full
| localized and stable build of OOo 3.2 at the end
| of November '09.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/list_of_features_of_openoffice

Security and Privacy Feature Improvements in upcoming OpenOffice.org 3.2

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.sun.com/malte/entry/security_and_privacy_feature_improvements1