[News] [Rival] More People Including Ballmer Indicate Vista 7 Will "Flop"

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More People Including Ballmer Indicate Vista 7 Will "Flop"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:53:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft never recovered from Vista, says Steve Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr Ballmer said: âWe got some uneven
| reception when [Vista] first launched in
| large part because we made some design
| decisions to improve security at the
| expense of compatibility. I donât think
| from a word-of-mouth perspective we ever
| recovered from that.â
`----

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/6263248/Microsoft-never-recovered-from-Vista-blow-says-Steve-Ballmer.html

Ten reasons Windows 7 could flop

,----[ Quote ]
| I, and a few others, think Windows 7
| will not be the success most pundits are
| proclaiming. Here are 10 reasons why
| Windows 7 could easily fail.
|
| 1. Too much like Vista
| I have yet to run into a PC user who
| likes Vista. There may be a few who have
| decided that Aero is the prettiest of
| all interfaces and that the User Access
| Control is the be-all-end-all of
| security.

http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/articles/comment/0,1000002985,39796447,00.htm

Microsoft Pins Revival Hopes On Windows 7

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Windows-7-Will-Revive-Microsofts-Fortunes-Chief-Executive-Steve-Ballmer-
Says/Article/200910115400859?lpos=Business_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15400859_Windows_7_Will_Revive_Microsofts_Fortunes%2C_Chief_Executive_Steve_Ballmer_Says

Microsoft's Ballmer: Windows 7 software won't increase PC sales

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ: MSFT) CEO Steve
| Ballmer has indicated that the October
| 22 release of the Windows 7 operating
| system won't increase PC sales
| significantly. That's quite a statement
| from the CEO of the world's most
| influential software company on a new
| flagship piece of software that is said
| to be a truly shining product.
`----

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/10/09/microsofts-ballmer-windows-7-software-wont-increase-pc-sa/

Ballmer sees Windows 7 effect on PC market muted

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSL711484220091007

Is Microsoft Already Failing with Windows 7?

,----[ Quote ]
| But will Microsoft screw up the Windows
| 7 launch like it did Windows Vista?
|
| So far, it's not looking good.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/article.php/3842831/Is-Microsoft-Already-Failing-with-Windows-7.htm

Recent:

Windows 7 party loot up for sale already?

,----[ Quote ]
| After reading this exchange, I decided to
| look on Ebay and found that a signed copy of
| Windows 7 was for sale for Â150.  You can
| see that item here.  There were 5 other
| copies in total, for sale and at time of
| writing none have received any bids.  I
| wonder how much they will go for?
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/win7-party-loot-up-for-sale-already/