[News] GIMP 2.6 Documentation Released, More GNU/Linux Applications News

  • Subject: [News] GIMP 2.6 Documentation Released, More GNU/Linux Applications News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:52:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gimp Help Released for GIMP 2.6

,----[ Quote ]
| The GIMP documentation team has been working hard
| and is proud to announce the availability of the
| first release of the user manual for GIMP 2.6.
`----

http://www.gimp.org/

Eyecandy for Your Chromium and Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre using Chromium, the developer edition of
| the Google Chrome browser, then itâs your lucky
| weekend. There are new Chrome themes to choose
| from. Themes include Anna Sui and Viviene Westwood
| styles. Anime and such kinds of things are also
| present as distinct themes you could download to
| personalize your browser. That includes theme with
| Hatsune Miku, K-on and Super Monkey Ball.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/eyecandy-for-your-chromium-and-desktop/

Opera (Quietly) Continues to Get Better

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera is the browser I choose, because it does what
| is needed, with little fuss, and gives me an
| interface I like, with ways of making the things I
| do very easy. I havenât found anyone who really
| gives Opera a try to not like it, and I have
| converted many people.
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/theoracle/2009/10/10/opera-quietly-continues-to-get-better/

Off the Clock: djl is a must-have app for Linux gamers

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that I've managed to pick up a spare laptop on
| the cheap, I finally have a dedicated Linux machine
| to experiment with. Priority number one since I'm
| Off the Clock for the weekend: get some games
| installed that are more fun than the ones Ubuntu
| ships (sorry Nibbles and Gnometris).
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/10/off-the-clock-djl-is-a-must-have-app-for-linux-gamers/

Recent:

25 Awesome GIMP Brush Sets (Download 1000+ FREE Brushes)

,----[ Quote ]
| To help you further enhance the
| functionality of GIMP, I have here a
| huge collection of awesome, high-quality
| brushes that can be utilized for
| whatever projects you may have. But
| before that, let me show you how you can
| install these brushes on Linux.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/10/25-awesome-gimp-brush-sets-1000-free.html

Episode 121: Transparent Transformations and Getting Rich with GIMP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://meetthegimp.org/episode-121-transparent-transformations-and-getting-rich-with-gimp/