[News] Company CEO Finds Out that Vista 7 Sucks Like Vista

  • Subject: [News] Company CEO Finds Out that Vista 7 Sucks Like Vista
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:15:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Windows 7 â Itâs Vista All Over Again

,----[ Quote ]
| âThere you go againâ. The Gipper said it in
| 1982, and Iâm saying it today â but about
| Windows 7, not Jimmy Carter.
|
| Because the more I play with Windows 7, the
| more I see the Vista debacle unfolding all
| over again. The commonly accepted wisdom is
| that Windows 7 is oh-so-much-better than
| Vista. Well, based on my own extensive
| testing, itâs not. Not at all.
|
| First a bit of history. Back in 2006 I was
| editor-in-chief of PC Magazine. Vista was
| coming out and we were pretty darn
| laudatory. Microsoft provided us with new
| hardware, we tested beta versions of Vista,
| and we loved it. Shortly after it shipped,
| alas, the Wow was less Now than Ow. Vista
| sucked upon release to the world for a wide
| range of reasons â not least because the
| networking and audio driver models were
| completely rebuilt in the six months prior
| to release. That led to driver problems,
| along with general instability. When I left
| PC Magazine in 2007, my parting column was
| a bit of an apology â weâd been too easy on
| what turned out to be one of Microsoftâs
| more uneven efforts.
|
| Itâs easy to get snowed. Microsoft provides
| its favored reviewers a steady stream of
| highlights, new versions, and new features
| â along with brand new hardware to run the
| new builds upon. A team of technical
| marketers inside the borg stand at the
| ready â helping the anointed work through,
| and around, any problems that develop
| during testing.
|
| [...]
|
| Weâve seen this story before. Vista was
| overhyped when it came out by everyone from
| PC Magazine to the Wall Street Journal. And
| now Windows 7 is getting the same treatment.
`----

http://louderback.com/2009/windows-7-its-vista-all-over-again/

Overheard: Windows 7 is just Vista with new shade of lipstick

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/overheard/overheard-windows-7-is-just-vista-with-new-shade-of-lipstick/

Is Windows 7 Just a Vista Service Pack?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/118240-is-windows-7-just-a-vista-service-pack

Is Windows 7 just Vista in disguise?

http://www.daniweb.com/news/post975843.html

Ballmer: Windows 7 is Vista, just 'a lot better'

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9117399/Ballmer_Windows_7_is_Vista_just_a_lot_better_

It's another Vista-like turd.

Recent:

Ubuntu Karmic Koala- A perfect alternative to Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2009/10/ubuntu-karmic-koala-perfect-alternative.html