[News] Why It's Time for Small Business to Look at Desktop GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Why It's Time for Small Business to Look at Desktop GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:09:28 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bringing Linux to Small Business

,----[ Quote ]
| We are all impressed and excited by the
| success of commercial Linux vendors. Red Hat,
| Novell, Canonical, Mandriva, Oracle, and a
| host of other Linux companies are making
| great strides in delivering performance and
| value to the enterprise marketplace.
`----

http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/blog-entry/bringing-linux-small-business

Recent:

Deploying Free or Open Source Software in the SMB

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice 3.0 Released to Rave Reviews was written late last year, and
| OpenOffice 3.1 has since been released. However, the earlier blog does
| provide some important background for those who have not heard of it. Of
| course, productivity software is more than just Office suites, and I also
| suggested a possible replacement for Adobe's PDF Reader in A Free Alternative
| to Adobe Reader.
|
| Finally, folks facing strong resistance towards change in their SMBs might
| want to consider settling for a partial or gradual switch. Find out more
| about this idea in Do a Partial Switch to Open Source Solution.
`----

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/blogs/mah/deploying-free-or-open-source-software-in-the-smb/?cs=33400

SMEs lead in adoption of open software

,----[ Quote ]
| THERE is growing interest in open source
| software (OSS) in Singapore, led by
| demand from small and medium
| enterprises.
`----