[News] More Projects Turn to the GPL for Business

  • Subject: [News] More Projects Turn to the GPL for Business
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:45:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cerner product invites users to âplay active roleâ in improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerner said in a release that uDevelop is
| based on the concept of open-source
| software development, in which users
| collaborate on products that are freely
| available for download. Some of the most
| popular examples are the Internet browser
| Mozilla Firefox and the GNU/Linux
| operating system.
`----

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2009/10/05/daily6.html

Open Innovation Awards: Kaltura

,----[ Quote ]
| Kaltura is also promoting a global âopen
| videoâ movement, called the Open Video
| Alliance, showing a deep understanding of
| the importance to work hard on fostering
| ecosystems. The license of choice is, as
| it must be, the AGPL.
|
| Kalturaâs vision is to be for video what
| Firefox is to browsers, or WordPress is to
| publishing, but my guess is that they are
| probably going to be what Twitter is to
| texting.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2009/10/12/open-innovation-awards-kaltura/

Recent:

Ron Yekutiel, Chairman and CEO of Kaltura

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tvweek.com/talking-tv/dealmakers/2008/12/ron_yekutiel_chairman_and_ceo.php