Re: Linux Makes Symantec Obsolete (and Not Just Because of Viruses)

____/ nessuno on Tuesday 13 Oct 2009 21:05 : \____

> On Oct 13, 5:19 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Breaking the Silence
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Given that the silence is finally being
>> | broken on this, surely it's time that
>> | banks themselves came clean: for the
>> | security of their customers â and
>> | themselves â they should really start
>> | warning people off Windows, as the
>> | Australian police have done. If they
>> | don't, they are being grossly negligent,
>> | and showing at best indifference and at
>> | worst contempt for the digital well-being
>> | of their customers. Who among them will be
>> | the first to break this particular
>> | silence?
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2581...
>>
>> Clonezilla Welcome, Symantec Ghost goodbye
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Clonezilla is a partition or disk clone
>> | tool similar to Norton GhostÂ. It saves
>> | and restores only used blocks in hard
>> | drive.. Two types of Clonezilla are
>> | available, Clonezilla live : It is
>> | suitable for single machine backup and
>> | restore.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/451-clonezilla-welcome-symante...
>>
>> Recent:
>>
>> Symantec's Altiris 7 boosts Mac, Linux desktop PC management
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Most of those new features are also now available for Linux PCs, Ewing
>> | said. Altiris is supporting Novell Inc.'s SUSE and Red Hat Inc.'s Linux
>> | distributions, she said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBas...
>>
>> Related:
>>
>> Symantec tips Red Hat
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Symantec Corp has boosted its support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux,
>> | promoting it to what it says will be 'Unix class' support and promising
>> | that within three months Veritas-branded software will support the
>> | version 5.0 of the OS that has just begun shipping.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=A6AD018F-4E82-447E-8C8...
>
> If Linux puts Symantec out of business, I wonder if Zeke will be
> shedding crocodile tears over the employees who will have to find
> other (more productive) work.  His favorite Monopoly has certainly
> kept them on the gravy train for quite a few years.
>
> Maybe we should spread bubonic plague so doctors will be able to feed
> their families.

Only the "Chosen Ones" (Soviets|Fascists|white men|Romans|Microsoft employees)
count if they lose their jobs. And anyone who denies it is a "zealot".

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft loves competition.
"Iâm thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with
anti-Linux. ... they should do a delicate dance"
		--Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie