[News] Asus and Garmin Put Linux on Devices (Yes, Asus)

  • Subject: [News] Asus and Garmin Put Linux on Devices (Yes, Asus)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:49:09 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Smartphones of Asus and Garmin Alliance

,----[ Quote ]
| M20 smartphone is provided with the following
| characteristics: 2.8-inch touch screen; its
| weight is 99 grams and it comes loaded with
| the launched Windows Mobile 6.5 mobile OS. As
| for the G60, it has a large screen (3.5 inch)
| and runs a customized Linux OS. Both models
| include a carfinder feature and a 3 mega pixel
| camera.
`----

http://www.thelatestnews.in/new-smartphones-of-asus-and-garmin-alliance/20454.html

Recent:

Asus Eee PC 1008HA Linux source code now available

,----[ Quote ]
| But this weekend Asus did something
| interesting. The company posted Linux source
| code for the Asus Eee PC 1008HA. In fact,
| there are 5 different downloads, ranging in
| size 299Mb to 488MB. I have no idea what the
| difference is between one and the other, and
| Iâm not entirely sure whatâs contained in the
| files yet. But if I had to guess, Iâd say that
| Asus is preparing to launch a version of the
| Eee PC 1008HA that runs Moblin Linux.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/10/asus-eee-pc-1008ha-linux-source-code-now-available.html

Whither Goest Thou, ASUS?