[News] More Google Linux Phones Seen Coming with Chinese Chipsets

  • Subject: [News] More Google Linux Phones Seen Coming with Chinese Chipsets
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:40:09 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Android phone taps Snapdragon SoC

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer announced its first Android smartphone,
| which will also be the first Android phone
| based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor. The
| Acer Liquid offers a WVGA touchscreen, HSPA 3G
| support, plus Android 1.6, and reportedly also
| provides WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, and a five
| megapixel camera.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Acer-Liquid/?kc=rss

HTC Hero up for grabs

,----[ Quote ]
| So what's the catch? You have to sign up to
| receive The Register's White Paper updates, a
| weekly email newsletter that delivers the
| latest research and resources from our library
| direct to your inbox.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/14/htc_hero_lucky_draw/

Recent:

Acer Joins Android Army, Demotes Windows Mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| Fanbois and girls alike constantly debate the future mobile
| operating landscape. Is there room enough for all of the
| current platforms or will there be just a few? From a
| consumer standpoint, thereâs room for plenty of competitors
| â after all, choice is good, right? But more choices can
| play havoc with the finances of the companies that produce
| handsets. With a fixed budget of resources â in a tight
| economy, no less â handset makers need to judiciously
| manage their resources and devote them strategically.
|
| Acer is reportedly doing just that, says Digitimes, and
| theyâre adding to the growing trend of phone makers who are
| joining the Android army.
`----

http://jkontherun.com/2009/10/02/acer-joins-android-army-demotes-windows-mobile/#more-45895

Linux-based phones : Why are GNU/Linux users treated as second class?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/linux_based_phones_why_are_gnu_linux_users_treated_second_class