[News] Telecom Trends International Predicts That Linux Will Win Smartphones Competition

  • Subject: [News] Telecom Trends International Predicts That Linux Will Win Smartphones Competition
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:42:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux to Capture over 60 Percent of Smartphone Market

,----[ Quote ]
| ÂLinux is poised to emerge as the dominant
| mobile platform, capturing well over 60
| percent of the smartphone market over the next
| seven years, says Telecom Trends
| International. Operating systems embracing the
| Linux platform include Android, Symbian,
| WebOS, and LiMo, the report said.
`----

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/40054.php

Recent:

Hands On Nokia N900 smartphone demo

,----[ Quote ]
| We managed to get a little quality time with the
| Nokia N900 smartphone running Maemo and Linux. This
| smartphone, sporting killer specs and 3G HSDPA for T-
| Mobile US and Europe should begin shipping in the
| next few weeks. Notice how quick the device is when
| switching between desktop screens and applications--
| the multitasking is very impressive thanks to 256
| megs of RAM and virtual memory that brings it up to 1
| gig of application RAM.
`----

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=34817

Nokia N900 â Top of the Hacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Push N900 invites hackers, mods, creatives, and coders to push
| the Linux powered N900 to its limits and if you havenât
| already begun creating your masterpiece you should probably
| get cracking, as the competition, in which you can get your
| hands on a Nokia N900 and funding to realise your designs,
| ends on the 11th October.
`----

http://noknok.tv/2009/10/05/nokia-n900-top-of-the-hacks/

Nokia N900 Gets Full Review