[News] Sub-notebooks with Android (Linux) Arrive at Last

  • Subject: [News] Sub-notebooks with Android (Linux) Arrive at Last
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:47:01 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

First Atom-powered Android netbook debuts

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer and Amazon announced pre-sales for the
| first Android-powered netbook running on an
| Intel Atom. Acer's Aspire One AOD250-1613
| netbook offers a 10.1-inch display,
| gesture-enabled touchpad, and a dual-boot
| system in which Android handles 18-second
| boot-ups, enabling users to seamlessly
| switch between Android and Windows, says
| the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Acer-AOD2501613/

Five reasons to buy an Android laptop...

,----[ Quote ]
| The arrival of products like the Archos 5
| media tablet and now the dual-booting Acer
| Aspire One D520 are likely the beginning of
| more and more Android-based machines
| arriving on our shelves. The mobile version
| of the OS hasn't quite got going just yet
| and doesn't do the whole advertising job on
| behalf of Google computers at this stage
| but, just because the jury's still out for
| the main body of the public, it doesn't
| necessarily mean that an Android-running
| laptop isn't the way to go. So, is it worth
| chancing fame, fortune and street cred as
| an early adopter or Android PCs a fad worth
| giving a miss?
`----

http://m.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/27925

Recent:

Android Application Development

,----[ Quote ]
| That said, warts and all I found this to be a
| helpful way to get my feet wet with Android. I
| really look forward to future versions as I
| think just a little more time and work will
| move this from my 'good' list to my 'great'
| list. Making things a little tighter and
| cleaning up the few typos and errors would
| certainly make this an 8 instead of an 7,
| which is really substantial in my mind. I'm no
| super developer and I need stuff like this,
| that can take things a little more slowly and
| make it all clear. I think this guide is great
| for those of us in that category as long as
| the reader is o.k. with hopping to external
| sources for the information they'll need to
| get the newer tool set working.
`----

http://news.slashdot.org/story/09/10/12/1341218/Android-Application-Development

MIPS joins Android consortium

,----[ Quote ]
| Processor manufacturer MIPS Technologies has joined the
| Open Handset Alliance (OHA), a consortium of around 47
| companies headed by Google, involved in developing the
| Android mobile platform.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/146233

Five Features We Want to See in Android