[News] Intellectual Monopolists Spread Lies and Use Lawsuits to Accomplish Goals

  • Subject: [News] Intellectual Monopolists Spread Lies and Use Lawsuits to Accomplish Goals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Anti-File Sharing Propaganda Back To Focusing On That Horrible
Malware You'll Get

,----[ Quote ]
| Then, we have the story of the MPAA apparently
| sending a bunch of anti-piracy comic books to
| New Zealand, home of one of many different
| fights on how to change copyright law. The comic
| book, like the BSA report, involves plenty of
| ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims about how
| file sharing will unleash nasty malware and
| viruses all over your computers -- but drawn in
| nice comic book form. Can we send those kids who
| got the MPAA comic book a copy of the Tales from
| The Public Domain comic books as well? There are
| free digital downloads for anyone who wants to
| hand them out in exchange for the bogus MPAA
| ones....
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091012/2325406499.shtml

Negotiating Through Lawsuit Continues: EMI Drops Lawsuit, Signs
Deal With Grooveshark

,----[ Quote ]
| We've noticed a troubling trend in how
| legitimate online music services are being
| pressured into deals with the major record
| labels. The labels begin the negotiations on
| licenses... and then sue the company.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091014/0133296521.shtml

Recent:

Yes vote very important, says Microsoft chief

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0930/1224255526136.html