[News] GNU/Linux Beyond Suitable for Average Users -- Claim

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Beyond Suitable for Average Users -- Claim
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:06:16 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Tired of Breaking Your Windows? Maybe Itâs Time For Ubuntu â
âLinux For Human Beingsâ!

,----[ Quote ]
| So Linux in general is no longer a domain for
| geeks, and is well and truly âdesktop readyâ,
| possibly more than Windows. For those wanting to
| explore the alternatives to their commercial OS,
| Ubuntu is a great place to start, with its out-of-
| box simplicity, massive software library, and huge
| online community. If you think you might be ready
| to take the plunge, you can read more on their web
| site, and Googling for âUbuntuâ will certainly
| give you some reading material to peruse. Just
| remember that with an Ubuntu âLive CDâ, you can
| actually boot into a âliveâ desktop running off
| the disc, so you can try it out (even surf the
| web) without touching your hard drive whatsoever!
| I ask you again: does it get any simpler?
`----

http://linux.bihlman.com/2009/10/15/tired-of-breaking-your-windows-maybe-its-time-for-ubuntu-linux-for-human-beings/

Recent:

The State Of Linux Desktop Functionality

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3839351/The-State-Of-Linux-Desktop-Functionality.htm