[News] LINA 1.0 is Here! (as Beta)

Open Source Linux Developers Get Boost with Beta Release of LINA 1.0 Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Lina Software today announced the beta
| release of LINA 1.0, its application portability | solution. This groundbreaking
| technology helps Linux software developers reach | new markets more efficiently,
| simplify the end-user experience, and run Linux
| applications without migrating
| from existing hardware.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS93947+15-Oct-2009+PRN20091015

Wonderful new project.

Related:

Hack Attack : Run Linux Apps Natively On Windows, OSX

,----[ Quote ]
| Well the answer for the other half of the problem is LINA!. Yes LINA does the
| opposite of what WINE does, run Linux apps on Windows , OSX etc.. LINA which
| means Linux Anwhere is a open source project geared at running Linux apps on
| Windows and other OSâes so that users can have a glimpse of the beauty of
| Linux.
`----

http://dailyapps.net/2008/03/hack-attack-run-linux-apps-natively-on-windows-osx/

Lina: Run Linux aps on Windows or OS X, or at least one Linux app

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been almost a year since we checked in on Lina, an attempt at creating a
| cross-platform solution for running Linux applications on pretty much any
| operating system. At the time, Lina was only available to a handful of folks.
| Now anyone can download and install Lina on a Windows, OS X, or Linux
| machine. But to be perfectly honest, we're not sure why anyone would at this
| point.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/03/23/lina-run-linux-aps-on-windows-or-os-x-or-at-least-one-linux-ap/

LINA Source Code Released under GPL v2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| LINA enables Linux binaries to run with native look and feel on Windows, Mac,
| and Linux, without recompiling. This release, along with the launch of our
| community website, www.openlina.org, invites developers around the world to
| participate in the growth of this important technology.
`----

http://openlina.org/news.html

LINA: like Java, but different

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope companies that make "essential" software will start using
| this, to gain a few more users. That will make operating systems,
| and therefore proprietary operating systems, irrelevant. Then again,
| those same companies didn't use wine, an easier approach for them to
| go fully cross-platform.
`----

http://www.libervis.com/article/lina_like_java_but_different

The LINA Home Movie

,----[ Quote ]
| The engineers behind LINA show it in action.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGiIkceewRA

Run Linux apps on Windows or OS X with Lina

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/05/27/run-linux-apps-on-windows-or-os-x-with-lina/