[News] Great New Games for GNU/Linux (and Instructions)

  • Subject: [News] Great New Games for GNU/Linux (and Instructions)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 23:19:33 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

3 Tools to Discover & Install Awesome Linux Games

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has always had an impression of being a
| geekâs toolbox. Critics have often pointed out
| the lack of a user friendly interface and a
| lack of software applications and games that
| appeal to the general audience as one of the
| main reasons hindering its widespread
| adoption.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-applications-resources-to-discover-install-awesome-linux-games/

Warzone 2100 2.2.4

,----[ Quote ]
| A new release of Warzone 2100, a FOSS real-
| time strategy game has been announced. Changes
| in this release include:
|
|     * In-game cutscenes are now available (the
|     installer will download them
|     automatically, by default)
|     * Some basic protection against
|     multiplayer cheating has been added
|     * Game balance has been significantly
|     improved

http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/14234

Doomsday 1.9.0-beta-6.7

,----[ Quote ]
| DoomWorld mentioned that the DOOM source port
| Doomsday has been updated to version 1.9.0-
| beta-6.7. Fixes in this release includes the
| following items:
|
|    * Common code library âBullets not visible
|    in map cheatâ.
`----

http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/14218

Get Your Five-Minute Multiplayer Game Fix with OMGPOP

,----[ Quote ]
| Have a few minutes to spare for a quick online
| game? OMGPOP has over ten different
| multiplayer games (and counting) that have one
| thing in common: theyâre excellent at getting
| your productivity down a notch! And thanks to
| the siteâs obligatory social networking
| features, itâs really easy to challenge your
| friends to a Bomberman game over the internet.
| Hereâs a selection of some of their best
| games.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/online-mario-kart-game/

Recent: