[News] KDE Applications in Review - All Positive

  • Subject: [News] KDE Applications in Review - All Positive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 23:27:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kdenlive Meets Studio Dave

,----[ Quote ]
| There's a lot to like about Kdenlive, and I
| like it a lot. Its feature set is full enough
| to satisfy basic desktop video production
| needs, and its workflow is uncomplicated and
| easy to learn. However, it must be considered
| that I've reviewed a personal build from SVN
| sources. I look forward to what my readers
| have to report regarding Kdenlive's utility
| and stability on their systems.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/kdenlive-meets-studio-dave

Concert Preview: Amarok 2.2.1 Going on Stage

,----[ Quote ]
| Just weeks after release of Amarok 2.2 (code-
| named Sunjammer), developers are already
| blogging about the new features in version
| 2.2.1. New features only? Hardly just that.
| With Amarok 2.2 the team behind the KDE
| audioplayer wants to match the quality and
| stability of the renowned KDE 3 version 1.4.
| Therefore, Sunjammer will get numerous minor
| versions intent on enhancing Amarok and not
| necessarily rushing head-on to the next
| release.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Concert-Preview-Amarok-2.2.1-Going-on-Stage

Windows KDE4: Dolphin (File Manager)

,----[ Quote ]
| Dolphin the KDE4's default file manager. You
| can think of it as an equivalent to Windows
| Explorer on a KDE based Linux. Much like
| Explorer it allows you to browse the contents
| of your computer, and manage files and folders.
`----

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Features/Windows-KDE4-Dolphin-File-Manager_3552.html

KDE example code

,----[ Quote ]
| When someone wants to learn the techniques and
| tricks of development with KDE libraries, they
| can head on over to Techbase. While we have a
| great amount of information there already with
| dozens and dozens of tutorials, we're still
| missing a lot of topics there. We really need
| to address that over time, but that's a
| different issue from the one this blog entry
| is about: example code.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/10/kde-example-code.html

Recent:

Windows 7, round 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Micro$oft has hundreds of developers working
| full-time on the user interface, while KDE apps
| are usually developed by only one or two people
| at a time, most of them working in their free
| time as a hobby. Micro$oft has dozens of the
| best-paid designers in the world, KDE has a
| handful of mostly freelance artists. Taking all
| this into account, Windows 7 is a shame for the
| Microsoft developers, because itâs in my
| opinion easily surpassed by KDE in terms of
| polish and design.
`----

http://majewsky.wordpress.com/2009/10/15/windows-7-round-1/

Amarok 2.2.1 - We're getting there!