[News] Digium CEO Very Positive About Asterisk, IBM Comes Joining

  • Subject: [News] Digium CEO Very Positive About Asterisk, IBM Comes Joining
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:05:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Digium CEO: Weâre Profitable, Channel Driven

,----[ Quote ]
| Digium CEO Danny Windham has a message for
| networking VARs seeking a new opportunity in
| the IT channel: Digium â the provider of
| Asterisk, the open source IP PBX â is
| profitable, growing and seeking talented
| solutions providers. Here are more thoughts
| from Windham and the Digium executive team.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/10/15/digium-ceo-were-profitable-channel-driven/

IBM, Digium Team on Asterisk Phone System

,----[ Quote ]
| For the past decade, Asterisk has prospered as
| an open source VoIP PBX (define). Now it's
| poised for greater traction, courtesy of a new
| joint effort with IBM.
|
| The work will see Asterisk getting a boost
| with a tie-in to IBM's Smart Cube. The six-
| month-old IBM Smart Cube platform is designed
| for small- and midsized businesses (SMB). The
| general idea is that the server is an easy-to-
| configure appliance for a variety of business
| applications.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3843961/

A Personal Account On Getting Deeply Involved With Apache

,----[ Quote ]
| As we reported recently, the ApacheCon 2009
| conference is rapidly approaching, to be held
| November 2nd through 6th in Oakland,
| California.  The conference will feature
| sessions and speakers talking not only about
| web server- and services-related topics, but
| about the Hadoop software framework for data-
| intensive queries,  and the many sub-projects
| that the Apache Software Foundation oversees.
| The event is partly intended to mark the 10th
| anniversary of the Apache Software Foundation,
| and we already ran a post from Jim Jagielski,
| co-founder and chairman of the foundation, on
| Apache's future, and a post from Justin
| Erenkrantz, who is the president.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/a-personal-account-on-getting-deeply-involved-with-apache

Recent:

Digium Offers Support Subscriptions To Asterisk Customers

,----[ Quote ]
| Companies like Red Hat and Novell offer support subscriptions for enterprise
| customers who don't want to walk the Linux path alone and now other open
| source vendors are getting into the act, too.

Digium Launches Support Services for Open Source AsteriskÂ

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090330005170&newsLang=en