[News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Its Favourite Shill IDC for Political Goals

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Its Favourite Shill IDC for Political Goals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 02:31:05 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

IT to contribute 2.3% to GDP by 2013: Microsoft study

,----[ Quote ]
| Commissioned by Microsoft, the study conducted by
| IDC, investigated the contribution of IT to GDP,
| job creation in the IT industry, employment in
| the software sector, formation of new companies
| and local IT spending in 52 countries. This
| represents 98 per cent of the total worldwide IT
| spend.
`----

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/it-to-contribute-23-to-gdp-by-2013-microsoft-study/373051/

Microsoft to invest â526 million in Portugal

,----[ Quote ]
| The IT market in Portugal is set to create 7,500
| new jobs along with 400 new IT companies over the
| next four years largely thanks to a â526 million
| investment from Microsoft, a study by consultancy
| company International Data Corporation has
| revealed.
`----

http://www.the-news.net/cgi-bin/google.pl?id=1032-26

Microsoft deadline Friday

,----[ Quote ]
| Mississippi residents have until Friday to file a
| claim in the state's settlement with software
| giant Microsoft.
`----

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=11310157

Recent:

BSA Releases BS Numbers Yet Again, Then Says Don't Pay Attention To The
Numbers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090512/1922584854.shtml