[News] [Rival] Bill Gates Brings GMO Patent Addiction Scheme to Africa and India

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bill Gates Brings GMO Patent Addiction Scheme to Africa and India
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 02:45:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gates Says Environmentalism Hurting Africa

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft founder Bill Gates said on October 15
| that environmentalists who are adamantly opposed
| to using genetically modified crops in Africa are
| hindering efforts to end hunger on that
| continent.
|
| [...]
|
| The Gates Foundation is also partnering with
| researchers who are using both conventional crop-
| breeding and biotechnology to produce drought-
| tolerant corn. And other work is being conducted
| on flood-tolerant rice and wheat that is
| resistant to a virulent form of rust disease.
|
| âThe technologies will be licensed royalty free
| to seed distributors so that the new seeds can be
| sold to African farmers without extra charge,â
| Gates declared. âI hope that the debate over
| productivity will not slow the distribution of
| these seeds.â
`----

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/2104-gates-says-environmentalism-hurting-africa

It will be "licensed". For how long?

It also does not say that Gates invests in those companies with their
precious patents whose dissemination he promotes. From the comments:

,----[ Quote ]
| GMO Dangerous!
| Genetically modified plants are extremely
| dangerous and DO NOT provide higher yields. Read
| about the Indian farmers who commit suicide by
| drinking their own pesticides after their GMO
| crops continue to fail while driving them further
| into debt and dependency.
| Monsanto's business model is criminal: the genes
| spread to unwitting farmers' fields, a which
| point private investigators obtain DNA samples
| and then sue the poor farmer. It would be like
| throwing a rock through my window and suing me
| for my house because you're rock is in it.
| Also, the idea of patenting LIFE is preposterous.
| Consumers should avoid GMO food at all costs.
| These people our playing God with our lives and
| the planet.
`----

Now he targets India as well:

Gates pledges millions to African, Indian farming

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5htzNcMYsyH8GVLOWFzq4_eo_RLgQ

Recent:

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Gates Foundation Revokes Pledge to Review Portfolio

,----[ Quote ]
| ...the Gates Foundation took down their public statement on this
| and replaced it with a significantly altered version which seems to
| say that investing responsibly would just be too complex for them
| and that they need to focus on their core mission: 'There are
| dozens of factors that could be considered, almost all of which
| are outside the foundation's areas of expertise. The issues
| involved are quite complex...
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/12/1756212&from=rss

Gates Foundationâs Influence Criticized

,----[ Quote ]
| The chief of malaria for the World Health Organization has complained that
| the growing dominance of malaria research by the Bill and Melinda Gates
| Foundation risks stifling a diversity of views among scientists and wiping
| out the world health agencyâs policy-making function.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/science/16malaria.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c