[News] [Rival] Microsoft Buys TV Shows to Advertise Vista 7

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Buys TV Shows to Advertise Vista 7
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 03:06:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Employs Family Guy to Promote Windows 7

http://www.dbtechno.com/industry/2009/10/14/microsoft-employs-family-guy-to-promote-windows-7/

'Family Guy' Teams With Microsoft for Windows 7 TV Extravaganza

http://www.switched.com/2009/10/14/family-guy-teams-with-microsoft-for-windows-7-tv-extravaganza/

'Family Guy' creator and Microsoft team up for Win 7 promotion

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/19912.cfm

Microsoft Weaves Windows 7 Into 'Family Guy'

http://www.crn.com/software/220600897;jsessionid=GF3JRVVDXTHTDQE1GHRSKH4ATMY32JVN

'Family Guy' and Microsoft: We Have No Words

,----[ Quote ]
| That's why we were so disappointed this week to
| read that Microsoft has bought a whole 30-minute
| episode of the show -- not commercials during the
| episode, but the episode itself -- to promote
| Windows 7.
`----

http://rcpmag.com/blogs/lee-pender/2009/10/family-guy-and-microsoft-no-words.aspx

NSFW: Why Seth MacFarlaneâs Microsoft Guy is the end of television, and the world

,----[ Quote ]
| On November 8th at 8:30pm, viewers of Fox in the
| US will watch in horror as the network gives over
| thirty whole minutes of airtime to a Windows 7-
| sponsored episode of Family Guy.
|
| Just take a moment to let the horror of that fact
| settle in your brain. Multi-millionaire Seth
| MacFarlane â who, by the way, uses a Mac â has
| decided to sell the soul of his flagship show to
| Redmond. For money.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/17/nsfw-why-seth-macfarlanes-microsoft-guy-is-the-end-of-television-and-the-world/

Microsoft's Ad Blitz Targets Wrong Enemy

,----[ Quote ]
| Within the last year, Microsoft(MSFT Quote) has
| been Jerry Seinfeld's pal, a PC, a party planner
| and a 4-year-old girl. It has been a costly
| identity crisis.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10610149/1/microsofts-ad-blitz-targets-wrong-enemy.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEFI

Recent:

Can Jerry Seinfeld save Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| So the question becomes not whether the campaign will stink, but how bad.
|
| I have come up with three possibilities. The kindest one would be "just
| stinks." After that comes "stinks to high heaven," followed by the
| frightful "What are they thinking!?"
|
| [...]
|
| So we'll all await these new messages from Microsoft knowing that they will
| probably not stink to high heaven, but merely just stink.
`----

http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?id=23823&t=1&c=129&cg=4&mset=1011

Related:

Microsoft apparently hopes that a "Jackass" can up its hip quotient and
increase market share

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://cajunboyinthecity.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-apparently-hopes-that-jackass.html