[News] MySQL Should be Set Free and Sold by Oracle, Says Monty

  • Subject: [News] MySQL Should be Set Free and Sold by Oracle, Says Monty
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 02:57:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MySQL cofounder says Oracle should sell database

,----[ Quote ]
| Oracle should resolve antitrust concerns over
| its acquisition of Sun Microsystems by selling
| open-source database MySQL to a suitable third
| party, its cofounder and creator Michael "Monty"
| Widenius said in a blog post on Monday.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/101909-mysql-cofounder-says-oracle-should.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

NoSQL: Distributed and Scalable Non-Relational Database Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Non-SQL oriented distributed databases are all
| the rage in some circles. Theyâre designed to
| scale from day 1 and offer reliability in the
| face of failures.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7579/1.html

More from Sun:

Sun tunes its VirtualBox

,----[ Quote ]
| The most popular virtualization tool
| distributed by Sun Microsystems - and one
| whose future as an Oracle product is in
| question - is VirtualBox, and the software was
| just updated with a new 3.0.8 release.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/19/sun_virtualbox_308/

Recent:

Sun Microsystems "Project Peter" targets Oracle
to MySQL migrations to boost sales

,----[ Quote ]

`----

https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Sun_Microsystems_"Project_Peter"_targets_Oracle_to_MySQL_migrations_to_boost_sales